Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

SIMON COWELL TALKS ABOUT BREAKUP

Simon Cowell

American Idol's Simon Cowell and Terry Seymour have sat down for their first television interview since their breakup earlier this month. The music icon agreed to appear alongside his ex on "Extra," that features Seymour's reports. And Cowell has confessed he was the one who was ditched. He says, "Terri decided to dump me. ... You sent me a text." But Seymour insists she and her ex are still the "best of friends" and it was just time to end the romance: "We had a great six years." The couple still talks daily. Cowell adds, "I do call Terri, first, when I've got an issue or I'm moaning about something, or I want to bounce an idea off."And Seymour agrees, "We do speak more now on the phone all the time. It's true."Meanwhile, Cowell used the new TV interview to clear up rumors he gave his ex $9 million parting gift.He explains, "That is actually not a true story. If anything I should be getting the money."The TV interview with the former couple will air on Monday.

Photo By: Sara De Boer / Retna Ltd.