Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Trisha Lakshmi Rai fight!

Ajith's Mankatha has been become a huge hit and everybody is basking over the success of the film. The entire cast and crew is happy and delighted over the phenomenal reach of the film and has been talked about since its release.

Now suddenly we hear that Lakshmi Rai is making a fuss over her role in the film and she claims that she chose the vamp kind of role - Sona, which is negative shaded over Trisha's sweet role - Sanjana, which has her paired opposite Ajith, as his love interest.

ajith-trisha-lakshmi-rai-mankatha-movie-stills

Lakshmi Rai has told media, “I was given a choice. Venkat and I were having a casual chat and I asked him to explain both the characters to me. I liked the role of Sona better. She has a lot to do and is part of the climax as well. I got to do some meaty stuff and also be part of two songs! Moreover, I have never done a character with shade of negativity earlier in Kollywood. I’m very happy with the response I’ve been getting,”

However Director Venkat Prabhu who clarifies on what Lakshmi Rai had told, had told, “I think Lakshmi Rai is confused. It was never the case. She was, in fact, confirmed for a role in which she’s paired with Ashwin in the first script I wrote. When Ajith came into the picture, I changed the screenplay and because we had already given her an advance, we offered her Sona’s role. I approached only Trisha for the role opposite Ajith.”

Trisha who played a small but significant role as Ajith's love interest Sanjana, which has that emotional quotient, says, “Venkat and I are good friends. He called me and told me that he had written this role with me in mind and asked if I could do it. And I also wanted to work with him. I told Venkat, ‘anything for you.’ I love Ajith and I have done two films with him. I like being part of a big project.”

Trisha about the claims of Lakshmi Rai who was offered both the roles before she chose Sona's vamp role, she added, “To be very honest, it’s a joke for me to comment on this. As to why she’s claiming this now, that’s only something she can answer. At the end of the day whether there are 3 or 4 girls in the film, whoever is paired opposite Ajith will be featured in the publicity. I just think it’s very silly.”

Venkat Prabhu concluded saying, “I feel sad for Lakshmi Rai. She’s been part of a good film and I don't see why she wants to put down the other artists now.”

Well we doubt if Lakshmi Rai's claim is just for publicity after the film has been getting good response now from the audience and is declared a huge hit.